‘Shelter’ is in quotes because it depends on the organization whether June is Adopt-a-Cat Month (American Humane Association) or Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month (ASPCA). No matter which camp you fall into, the message is the same: adopt a cat, save a life!
This time of year, the shelters are FLOODED with cats and kittens looking for their furever home. Craigslist is as well. But, why should you consider a cat? What’s so great about them? Well, allow me to explain:
- They are very clean – you rarely need to bathe them!
- They are the perfect size to snuggle (and don’t take up all the bed).
- They are fairly independent, so when you leave for the weekend, you don’t have to make 10,000 plans for them. Leave them plenty of food, water, and a clean litterbox, and they’ll be good to go (although, I like to bring mine with me every now and then – cats deserve a vacation too!).
- They are thoroughly entertaining and are guaranteed to make you laugh – mine do every day!
- They can even improve your health and well-being:
There are so many more reasons I could list, but I think you get the picture – cats are awesome! So what are you waiting for? Use one of the links at the top of my blog and search for a needy shelter cat near you!